"Space Hopper" is a minimalistic reaction game, where you are a coconut-lover octopus called the Space Hopper and you are training on space
even when asteroids are passing around, so you must help the creature to avoid asteroids and do as getting powerups with hopping as only the Space Hopper can do.
There are many features here like I said before. Every asteroid passing is counted as "level" and more levels you pass, more the game will be faster.
Click on the screen for hopping in up or down.
1) Coconut: It's like a extra life. More Coconuts you have, more hit you can take.
2) Milkshake: Reduce the game's speed by 20%.
3) Cupcake: Earn one extra level.
This project is created with this on mind:
1) I had to learn Canvas well (for that I ditched p5.js, for self learning);
2) Since it's part of my job, it must be a game;
3) It must be good, as a game I normally do without limitations, so I have to put quality on this;
4) It must have sound effects (if possible, music, but I asked too much. It has sound effects btw);
5) It must be responsive and playable on both tablets,desktops and even mobile;
6) The background must be animated and dynamic (for example, the increasing speed of the stars is one of that features);
7) The game must be a challenge to code golfing about (so no "clean code in 1024 bytes and forget the rest);
8) I should add effects while hopping and crashing.
Ideas I couldn't manage to put in the game:
1) One or two tracks;
2) Better sound effects and animations;
3) Starting screen;
4) Possibility to restart the screen with one click (so no refresh manually);
5) You could stop or play the sound effects.
I hope you will like it! Have fun playing the game! Hop(p)ing to remastering it soon!